“At the KIWA” (KIWA ni Tatsu)” is an audio-visual performance in co-operation with Tomoko Mukai (public projection) and Sachiko Nagata (percussion). Mukai’s projection and Nagata’s improvisational musical performance co-create a boundary space between “images and surrounding environment/music and surrounding environment”. The projection integrates with the view of skyscrapers like a “Shakkei (borrowed scenery)” at the Japanese garden. The musical performance harmonizes with the surrounding sounds of the city. This co-creation generates an experimental place for thought at the Tochoji Temple in Shinjuku, Tokyo, as one of the most significant central areas of the metropolis.
“At the KIWA” is one of the official cultural programmes of the Tokyo Tokyo FESTIVAL (TTF) supported by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government for promoting arts and culture of Tokyo in the year of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, 2020.
Date｜ Saturday, 28 March, 2020
Time｜19:30- 21:30 (open 19:00)
Duration｜ perfomance 19:30-20:30, public talk 20:45-21:30
*In case of rain, the performance at “Garden of Water” will be postponed to Friday, April 3rd.
Only for visitors booking public talk, the public talk with a mini live (no extra charge!) will take place at Bunyukaku of Tochoji on March 28.
The schedule will be posted the schedule by 13:00 on that day, so please check the website on the day.
Location｜“Mizu no Niwa (outdoor corridor at the Garden of Water)” at the Tochoji Temple
Address｜4-34 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Access｜7 min. from the exit “Okidomon”, Shinjuku Gyoen Station, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line
Audio-Visual performance｜150 people
Talk event (main hall)｜70 people (in the order of reservation)
* There is no parking space in the venue. Please use public transportation.
* Since the audio visual performance will be held in the outdoor corridor, please take measures against the cold on your own.
* Seats will be setup in the corridor. Please take off your shoes at the entrance.
* The reservation for the talk event (free) only is not accepted. Please note.
* If you wish to participate in the talk event, please purchase a set ticket when you make a reservation.
* If you plan to visit with a wheelchair or guide dog, please contact with the Executive Committee in advance for the smooth guidance.
Planned and organized by｜The Executive Committee of KIWA Project
In cooperation with ｜Tochoji Temple
Supported by ｜Arts Council Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture